Tuesday, March 2, 2010



This little mark is 28 years old, just like me. As odd as it might sound it, "The Happy Tooth symbol was created in 1982 on an initiative of the Swiss University Dental Faculties to distinguish products that are safe to teeth." I often see it on gum, about the only product us proud Americans like sugar free. Overall I think it's a pretty solid little symbol, when it's on packaging it's usually pretty tiny but it reads really well. I only have two criticisms, first I think the roots of the teeth are either too large or too long. Perhaps it's too realistically a proportioned tooth, and funny enough it somehow causes the little guy to look like a frog to me. The second thing I'm not sure about is the top cap of the umbrella being square, and why buts up against the other pieces the way it does. It looks like an after thought. If anything the cap should be be rounded, matching the rest of the symbol, and I wonder if it would read with negative space in between, the same way there's some negative space between each umbrella section and the umbrella and tooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment